Blog: Wiki So Far

On January 24th, I signed up for an HBO NOW free trial to watch what I now consider one of the greatest television series of all time. If you guessed Game of Thrones (GoT) by the time you finished reading that first sentence, you guessed right! Throughout each episode, I had to visit the Game of Thrones wiki page (you can find it at https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_Wiki) a few times to decrypt confusing plot details.

 I was excited to find a Game of Thrones section in the TV shows section of the wiki (although I believe that the series should have its own page). There was no link on the main page which redirects to the TV Shows page so I decided to add a TV Shows hyperlink to the categories box. I have not made any major edits to the section yet but just glancing over it, I see that the content is outdated. Game of Thrones is currently airing its eighth season but the wiki is displaying content from 2016. Additionally, the character list needs to be updated with the appropriate mortality status and with any new characters who have been introduced into the show since the last update.

 In addition to watching all seven seasons in three months time, I also conducted in-depth analysis into the show in the forms of reading the Game of Thrones Wiki and watching YouTube videos on GoT theories. My goal with this section of the wiki is to transform this section with vivid images, add footnotes and references to articles, and maybe separate this section into its very own page.

Comments

  1. I am a huge fan of Game of Thrones as well. This season has been blowing my mind and its impossible to keep up with all the theories. I have actually decided to stop reading theories on Reddit and just leave it to the writers. Sometimes theories are so thought provoking and just read too much into what the writer actually wanted. Sometimes it really is that simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric! I am huge fan of Game of Thrones as well. What are you thinking about the 8th season? Who do you think will end up getting the throne? And I totally appreciate you updating the mortality status of the characters on the wiki page. It is crazy how many of my favorite characters have died since the beginning of the show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog: Privacy

Creativity and New Media

HW Creativity