Blog: Social Networking Sites

Ahh, social networking sites. Finally, I can write about something I am proficient in.
In this blog post, I will be comparing my impressions of four social networking sites:
1) Facebook, 2) Instagram, 3) Twitter, and 4) LinkedIn.
   
Facebook. I made a Facebook account at the end of 7th grade in middle school. Facebook then seemed so simple, friends posting statuses and pictures, playing Facebook games, and occasionally chatted through messenger. However, Facebook lost its touch and meaning throughout the years. It could be that I used it much less than I did before. Or it could be all the updates the company made to the social networking site that made it feel less personal. Today, I mainly use Facebook for its messenger app. However, there are some interesting posts and videos that I see from time to time when scrolling, so it's not too bad.
   
Instagram. This is the app in which I clock the most thumb miles on. There are many features I love about this app: Stories, Explore, Messages, etc., the list goes on and on. I can pretty much do anything with this app. I can see what my friends are up to with the stories feature, send posts/comment on stories/direct messages, and finding new profiles, funny videos, and memes with the explore feature. My iPhone tells me how many hours I spend on the phone and usually, Instagram tops the list as the most-used app.

Twitter. I just made an account with this app but it seems very useful in updating followers with short, brief messages. Good to use if I want to view the latest news and tweets.

And finally, LinkedIn. My second favorite social networking site after Instagram. There are some neat features with LinkedIn: Seeing a person’s professional career, receiving reliable, informative information on topics of my liking, following influencers, etc. It’s great for professional networking and can further advance my professional career.

I like using all four of these social networking sites as they all have their own benefits. I usually spend the most time on Instagram and LinkedIn. However, although it is great for me to stay connected, I also try to take the time to disconnect, which is also important.    

Comments

  1. I think you would like reddit a lot. It is not as interactive as Instagram, where you find new people to talk to all the time, but you can post on group discussions. There are also a lot of subreddits or subgroups where people with similar interest can go such as a group just for memes called r/memes. Overall, I understand the appeal of Instagram and why it is your most visited application.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog: Privacy

Creativity and New Media

HW Creativity